Independence Day Ball (IDB) dance camp, will take place July 4 - 8, 2012 at the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville. IDB sold out for the last six years so register NOW to secure your spot!
Choose from over 150 workshops in Latin, Standard, Smooth & Rhythm taught by Blackpool, UK, US and World Champions and Finalists.
If you prefer individual attention, take private lessons from any of our instructors!
- Performance class with special show
- Over 10,000 sq ft of dance floor
- Immersion program in Argentine Tango
- Practice space open all night long
Announcing IDB 2012 instructors!
We are excited to have many World-Class instructors teaching at IDB 2012. Stay tuned - we will be announcing 2 additional instructors shortly!
- Anna Mikhed: World, Blackpool and U.S. Professional Standard Finalist
- Ieva Pauksena: World, Blackpool and U.S. Professional Standard Finalist
- Danny Quilliam: 19 time Canadian Representative to the World Championships
- Jean-Marc Genereux: 10 time undefeated Canadian Latin Champion
- Eulia Baranovsky: World American Smooth Finalist
- Garry Gekhman: U.S. Professional Standard Finalist
- Kimberley Mitchell: Former British, International, UK and Closed British Champion
- Cher Rutherford: U.S. Professional American Style Open Smooth, Rhythm and Theatrical Champion
- Max Sinitsa: 3 time undefeated U.S. American Smooth Champion
- Oksana Zolotarevskaya: British National Professional Champion
- Lydia Petrigova: U.S. Professional Rising Star Championship Finalist
- Dan Calloway: U.S. Professional 10-Dance Grand Finalist
Private lessons available!
One of the highlights of Independence Day Ball is not only taking group classes, but private lessons with all of our instructors. Register now! They are on a first-come first-serve basis.
In addition to the workshops, we host nightly social events:
- July 4th Fireworks: Trip to downtown Washington to see the fireworks on the National Mall near the White House, Capitol and Washington Monument
- Friday & Saturday Night Social Dances
- "Pizza with the Pros": Q&A session with our panel of instructors that always ends in laughter and one-of-a-kind demonstrations
ISTD Standard Symposium
This year, we are bringing back the ISTD Standard Symposium, taught by Lori Woods-Gay, Dual Fellow, Examiner and Former President, USISTD. The ISTD Standard Symposium runs concurrently with IDB Dance Camp and is a 30 hour in-depth course to:
- Learn invigilation-friendly routines for competitions and exams
- Prepare for certification as an adjudicator
- Prepare for Associate (Bronze) and Licentiate (Silver) exams
- Open to Professionals and Amateurs, all levels welcome
Argentine Tango Immersion
Returning this year is the IDB Argentine Tango Immersion Program. This start-to-finish crash course in Argentine Tango will be 10 hours of instruction over four days, July 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th. Master the basics of Argentine Tango including Boleos, Sacadas, Volcadas, the Tango-Waltz and the Mini-milonga. For complete information and registration please visit Tango Immersion page.
Get all the details and register at www.ChampionshipDanceCamps.com
Questions? Call us at 888-829-2123
Back to top^