New Instructor Announcement!
Independence Day Ball is excited to welcome Louis van Amstel to our 2015 dance camp!
In additional to teaching group classes and offering private lessons, Louis will be teaching his LaBlast Fitness class. The class will be free for camp attendees, but non-campers will be able to attend for a fee. More details to be announced soon!
- Three-time World Latin Champion
- US Latin Champion
- Dutch Latin & 10-Dance Champion
- Emmy nominated choreographer for DWTS' & So You Think You Can Dance
- Owner & creator of LaBlast Fitness
Our next event, Independence Day Ball (IDB) dance camp, will take place July 1 - 5, 2015 at the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville. IDB has sold out many years so register NOW to secure your spot!
- OVER 100 Latin, Standard, Smooth & Rhythm workshops!
- Three workshop CHOICES every hour
- Advanced track for Open and Professional level dancers
- ALL instructors Blackpool, UK, US and World Champions and Finalists
- Workshops focus mainly on technique
- Private lessons available with all of the instructors
- Performance class with special show
- Over 10,000 sq ft of dance floor
- ISTD Standard Symposium
- Practice space open all night long
- Fireworks trip to Washington D.C.
- Get personal with the instructors at the "Pizza with the Pros" (tm) Q&A party
- Social dance party Friday, July 3
Important Dates to Remember
- June 9 - Last day to make your hotel reservation at the $99 discounted rate
- June 15 - Last day to save $30 on the Argentine Tango Immersion class
Our IDB 2015 instructors!
We are excited to have many World-Class instructors teaching at IDB 2015. Stay tuned - we have more instructor announcements coming soon! Private lessons will be available for purchase very soon.
- Louis van Amstel: World and US Latin Champion, DWTS' Choreographer
- Anna Mikhed: World, Blackpool and U.S. Professional Standard Finalist
- Ieva Pauksena: World, Blackpool and U.S. Professional Standard Finalist
- Danny Quilliam: 19 time Canadian Representative to the World Championships
- Garry Gekhman: U.S. Professional Standard Finalist
- Bas van der Zanden: Dutch Professional Latin Champion
- Oksana Zolotarevskaya: British National Professional Latin Champion
- Dan Calloway: U.S. Professional 10-Dance Grand Finalist
- Katusha Wilder: World Professional 10-Dance Finalist
- Ruslan Wilder: World Professional 10-Dance Finalist
In addition to the workshops, we host nightly social events:
- Fireworks trip: Trip to downtown Washington to see the Fireworks on the National Mall near the White House, Capitol and Washington Monument
- Friday Night Social Dance
- "Pizza with the Pros": Q&A session with our panel of instructors that always ends in laughter and one-of-a-kind demonstrations
ISTD Standard Symposium
This year, we are bringing back the ISTD Standard Symposium, taught by Mary Botta, Fellow, ISTD. The ISTD Standard Symposium runs concurrently with IDB Dance Camp and is a 30 hour in-depth course to:
For complete information and registration please visit the ISTD Symposium page.
- Learn invigilation-friendly routines for competitions and exams
- Prepare for certification as an adjudicator
- Prepare for Associate (Bronze) and Licentiate (Silver) exams
- Open to Professionals and Amateurs, all levels welcome
Argentine Tango Immersion
Returning this year is the IDB Argentine Tango Immersion Program. This start-to-finish crash course in Argentine Tango will be 10 hours of instruction over four days, June 30, July 1 - 3. Master the basics of Argentine Tango including Boleos, Sacadas, Volcadas, the Tango-Waltz and the Mini-milonga. For complete information and registration please visit Tango Immersion page.
Get all the details and register at www.ChampionshipDanceCamps.com
Questions? Call us at 888-829-2123
Back to top^