New Instructor Announcement!
Independence Day Ball is excited to welcome Karina Smirnoff to our 2016 dance camp!
- Two-time U.K Open Champion
- US Latin Champion
- Two-time Blackpool Professional Latin Runner Up
- Professional on ABC's "Dancing With The Stars"
Our next event, Independence Day Ball (IDB) dance camp, will take place July 2 - 6, 2016 at the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville. IDB has sold out many years so register NOW to secure your spot!
- OVER 100 Latin, Standard, Smooth & Rhythm workshops!
- Three workshop CHOICES every hour
- Advanced track for Open and Professional level dancers
- ALL instructors Blackpool, UK, US and World Champions and Finalists
- Workshops focus mainly on technique
- Private lessons available with all of the instructors
- Over 10,000 sq ft of dance floor
- WDSF Symposium
- Practice space open all night long
- Fireworks trip to Washington D.C.
- Get personal with the instructors at the "Pizza with the Pros" (tm) Q&A party
- Social dance party Saturday, July 2
Important Dates to Remember
- June 10 - Last day to make your hotel reservation at the $99 discounted rate
- June 15 - Last day to save $50 on the WDSF Symposium class
Our IDB 2016 instructors!
We are excited to have many World-Class instructors teaching at IDB 2016. Stay tuned - we have more instructor announcements coming soon! Private lessons are available with all of the instructors.
- Mayo Alanen: World and US Professional Smooth Finalist
- Dan Calloway: US Professional 10-Dance Grand Finalist
- Viktoriya Drubetskaya: World and US Mambo Champion
- Justinas Duknauskas: World Professional South American Showdance Champion
- Garry Gekhman: US Professional Standard Finalist
- Matt Hauer: US Professional Rising Star Rhythm Champion
- Anna Kovalova: 5-time US Professional Latin Vice-Champion
- Igor Litvinov: World and US Professional Ballroom Finalist
- Alexandr Melnikov: Russian multi-time Ballroom, Latin and 10-Dance Champion
- Anna Mikhed: World, Blackpool and US Professional Standard Finalist
- Stefano Placidi Zaccarelli: Italian multi-time Ballroom, Latin and 10-Dance Champion
- Lauren Schelfhaudt: 2-time US Mambo Champion and World Professional Salsa Champion
- Asta Sigvaldadottir: US National and Blackpool Rising Star Finalist
- Karina Smirnoff: UK Open and US Professional Latin Champion
- Bill Sparks: 4-time US Professional Latin Champion
- Louis van Amstel: World and US Latin Champion, DWTS' Choreographer
- Katusha Wilder: World Professional 10-Dance Finalist
- Ruslan Wilder: World Professional 10-Dance Finalist
Private lessons available!
One of the highlights of Independence Day Ball is not only taking group classes, but private lessons with all of our instructors. Register now! They are on a first-come first-serve basis and are selling out quickly.
For the first time this year, we are offering the WDSF Symposium, taught by Viktoriya Drubetskaya, WDSF Technical Examiner. The WDSF Symposium runs concurrently with IDB Dance Camp and is a 29 hour in-depth course to:
For complete information and registration please visit the WDSF Symposium page.
- Learn invigilation-friendly routines for competitions and exams
- Prepare for certification as an adjudicator
- Over 29 hours of preparation for WDSF technical exams
- Open to Professionals and Amateurs, all levels welcome
Argentine Tango Immersion
Returning this year is the IDB Argentine Tango Immersion Program. This start-to-finish crash course in Argentine Tango will be 10 hours of instruction over four days, July 1 - 5. Master the basics of Argentine Tango including Boleos, Sacadas, Volcadas, the Tango-Waltz and the Mini-milonga. For complete information and registration please visit Tango Immersion page.
In addition to the workshops, we host nightly social events:
- Fireworks trip: Trip to downtown Washington to see the Fireworks on the National Mall near the White House, Capitol and Washington Monument
- Saturday Night Social Dance
- "Pizza with the Pros": Q&A session with our panel of instructors that always ends in laughter and one-of-a-kind demonstrations
Get all the details and register at www.ChampionshipDanceCamps.com
Questions? Call us at 888-829-2123
Back to top^