Independence Day Ball (IDB) 2016, is almost here! July 2 - 6, 2016 at the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville. IDB has sold out in the past so register NOW to secure your spot! Packet pick-up starts at 7pm on Friday, July 1st.
- OVER 100 Latin, Standard, Smooth & Rhythm workshops!
- Three workshop CHOICES every hour
- Advanced track for Open and Professional level dancers
- ALL instructors Blackpool, UK, US and World Champions and Finalists
- Workshops focus mainly on technique
- Private lessons available with all of the instructors
- Over 10,000 sq ft of dance floor
- USA Dance University
- Argentine Tango Immersion
- Practice space open all night long
- Fireworks trip to Washington D.C.
- Get personal with the instructors at the "Pizza with the Pros" (tm) Q&A party
- Social dance party Saturday, July 2
New Instructor Announcement!
Hot off her and Justinas' vice championship at the Millennium DanceSport Championships, Independence Day Ball is excited to welcome Anna Kovalova to our 2016 dance camp!
- 5-time US National Professional Latin Vice-Champion
- World Professional Latin Championship Semi-Finalist
- 3-time Ohio Star Ball Professional Latin Champion
- 2-time Asian Pacific Open Professional Latin Champion in Japan
Final line-up of IDB 2016 instructors!
We are excited to have many World-Class instructors teaching at IDB 2016. Private lessons are available with all of the instructors.
- Mayo Alanen: World and US Professional Smooth Finalist
- Jackie Becker: Personal Trainer, Zumba and Group Exercise Instructor
- Dan Calloway: US Professional 10-Dance Grand Finalist
- Olga Chekhova: US & Ohio Star Ball Professional Smooth Semi-Finalist
- Viktoriya Drubetskaya: World and US Mambo Champion
- Justinas Duknauskas: World Professional South American Showdance Champion
- Garry Gekhman: US Professional Standard Finalist
- Matt Hauer: US Professional Rising Star Rhythm Champion
- Perry Herman: Strength and conditioning coach, personal trainer and group exercise instructor
- Vladimir Karpov: World Professional Latin Vice-Champion
- Anna Kovalova: 5-time US Professional Latin Vice-Champion
- Igor Litvinov: World and US Professional Ballroom Finalist
- Alexandr Melnikov: Russian multi-time Ballroom, Latin and 10-Dance Champion
- Anna Mikhed: World, Blackpool and US Professional Standard Finalist
- Stefano Placidi Zaccarelli: Italian multi-time Ballroom, Latin and 10-Dance Champion
- Lauren Schelfhaudt: 2-time US Mambo Champion and World Professional Salsa Champion
- Asta Sigvaldadottir: US National and Blackpool Rising Star Finalist
- Karina Smirnoff: UK Open and US Professional Latin Champion
- Bill Sparks: 4-time US Professional Latin Champion
- Louis van Amstel: World and US Latin Champion, DWTS' Choreographer
- Katusha Wilder: World Professional 10-Dance Finalist
- Ruslan Wilder: World Professional 10-Dance Finalist
*NEW 2016* Special Fitness Private Lessons Available
For the first time our "Strength & Conditioning" instructors, as well as our Yoga instructor are offering special personal training sessions.
Get the insight to focus your workouts to make you the strongest dancer you can be!
Private lessons available!
One of the highlights of Independence Day Ball is not only taking group classes, but private lessons with all of our instructors. Register now! They are on a first-come first-serve basis and are selling out quickly.
USA Dance University
For the first time this year, we are offering the USA Dance University, taught by Viktoriya Drubetskaya, WDSF Technical Examiner. The USA Dance University runs concurrently with IDB Dance Camp and is a 29 hour in-depth course featuring the WDSF syllabus and technique based on the newest description of all Dancesport principles in the dance world. Included in the course will be:
The WDSF Syllabus books are available on both the DSI website and will be available on-site at the camp.
- Learn invigilation-friendly routines for competitions and exams
- Prepare for certification as an adjudicator
- Over 29 hours of preparation for WDSF technical exams
- Open to Professionals and Amateurs, all levels welcome
For complete information and registration please visit the USA Dance University page.
LA Blast Fitness Classes available at IDB 2016!!
Back this year, we have Louis van Amstel, creator of the LA Blast Fitness classes at IDB 2016 and he will be offering two classes open to our camp attendees as well as the public.
- FREE for camp attendees
- $35 for one class
- $60 for both classes
Register here for LA Blast!
- Tuesday, July 5th
- Wednesday, July 6th
2016 IDB Commemorative Book
Acclaimed photographer Stephen Marino will be on-site at the competition once again this year. He will be documenting the camp through his photos and creating both a digital and print book. You can pre-order them at the camp.
Argentine Tango Immersion
Returning this year is the IDB Argentine Tango Immersion Program. This start-to-finish crash course in Argentine Tango will be 10 hours of instruction over four days, July 1 - 5. Master the basics of Argentine Tango including Boleos, Sacadas, Volcadas, the Tango-Waltz and the Mini-milonga. For complete information and registration please visit Tango Immersion page.
In addition to the workshops, we host nightly social events:
- Saturday Night Social Dance
- "Pizza with the Pros": Q&A session with our panel of instructors that always ends in laughter and one-of-a-kind demonstrations
- Fireworks trip: Trip to downtown Washington to see the Fireworks on the National Mall near the White House, Capitol and Washington Monument
Get all the details and register at www.ChampionshipDanceCamps.com
Questions? Call us at 888-829-2123
Back to top^