Wednesday, December 30, 2009 – Sunday, January 3, 2010
The most in-depth preparation for the ISTD Latin exams:
- Earn credit toward a teaching degree
- Acquire certification as an adjudicator
- Take your dance education to a higher level
- Open to professionals and amateurs
- Miriam Ellis, Dual Fellow and Examiner, USISTD. Textbook Author. DVD Producer.
30 hours of instruction over 5 days
- Wednesday, December 30, 2009: 10:00am - 5:30pm with 1 hour lunch break, and 30 minute information session
- Thursday, December 31, 2009: 10am - 5pm with 1 hour lunch break
- Friday, January 1, 2010: 11am - 6pm with 1 hour lunch break
- Saturday, January 2, 2010: 10am - 5pm with 1 hour lunch break
- Sunday, January 3, 2010: 9am - 4pm with 1 hour lunch break
Syllabus figures: You will learn the details of both the Man's and the Lady's part of each figure in the Student-Teacher and Associate syllabi for all five dances: Rumba, Cha-Cha, Samba, Paso Doble and Jive.
Technical details: There will be a focused study of the technical details of each step pattern.
Exam Presentation: The oral presentation during a professional exam is by far the most challenging aspect of the entire process. Miriam Ellis will present valuable tips on how to study for and groom your oral presentation delivery.
Exam Routines: You will learn a sample routine in each of the 5 dances (Rumba, Cha-Cha, Samba, Paso Doble and Jive), for both Student-Teacher and Associate levels, which will not only help you study your syllabus, but may be danced for your exam! This will also be useful in teaching your students.
Practice time: You will also have ample time to practice with the group during the week.
$450 for all 30 hours of instruction
Books and DVDs to help you study: Miriam Ellis has 5 books and 2 DVDs covering all four styles of dance and the Student-Teacher, Associate, Licentiate, and Fellowship ISTD examinations.
You can browse and purchase these books and DVDs in our online store