Cancellation, payment, and refund policy:
- Entry forms must be received by December 10, 2009. There are no refunds for cancellations however credit will be issued towards registration for New Year’s Day Ball 2011.
- All payments must be made by the registration deadline - competitors will not be allowed onto the floor if there is an outstanding balance.
- Any payments made at the competition must be in cash, certified check, or money order.
- A $5 per entry late fee will be charged for each participant who has submitted paperwork or payment after the deadline.
- Championship Dance Camps reserves the right to cancel events that have two or fewer couples entered by the deadline or to pay scholarships for such events at half of the advertised amount.
- For full cancellation policy, please visit: www.ChampionshipDanceCamps.com/ndb/registration.php
General Event Rules:
- Championship Dance Camps reserves the right to run multiple events on the same floor simultaneously.
- You are expected to be in the ballroom and ready to dance at least 30 minutes before your event.
- All decisions of judges and organizers shall be final.
- A couple shall be defined as a male and a female.
Entrance to the ballroom:
All NDB Dance Camp attendees with a "Saturday" wristband shall be admitted to the ballroom free of charge for both day and evening sessions (this includes full-camp and Saturday-only NDB Dance Camp attendees).
All competitors dancing in amateur-only events shall have access to the Ballroom during the sessions in which they are competing.
All others wishing to attend (above the age of 5) must purchase tickets:
Day session - $20
Evening session - $20
International style events will follow ISTD International Standard and Latin syllabi. American style events will follow NDCA Smooth and Rhythm syllabi.
Newcomer: Refers to
dancers for whom this is their first competition - syllabus will be restricted
to bronze figures
Beginner and intermediate: Subject to syllabus restrictions
Open: No syllabus restrictions
- We reserve the right to split or combine age categories if the volume of entries demands the need for distinct events.
- For Adult and above, Pro/Am students may enter two age categories in the same style of dance: the age category for their actual age, and the age category directly below that. (Example: If you are 68 and in Pro-Am, you may dance C2 and C1 in American Smooth)
- Junior and Youth competitions may dance one age category directly higher than their age category in the same style of dance. (Example: If you are 13 and in Pro-Am, you can dance Junior Latin and Youth Latin, but not A1 Latin).
- Dances shall be restricted to 3 minutes in length.
- All music must be submitted to the DJ in audio CD format, clearly labeled and cut to the length specified, by the morning of the competition before any events start. Any music submissions after this time are subject to the organizers’ discretion as to whether the showcase will be able to be performed or not and when.
- We reserve the right to prohibit the use of any music with lyrics deemed "offensive" or not "in good taste" for showcases.
- Showcase is not subject to the three consecutive level restriction (For example, one may enter Intermediate Bronze, Open Bronze, Beginner Silver and a Showcase).